The Bakehouse Art Complex is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to attracting emerging and mid-career artists in South Florida to a workplace that provides affordable studios, exhibition galleries, and professional development opportunities.
The Bakehouse Art Complex Studio Residency program is a jury-‐selected artist residency program offering affordable studios to professional emerging and mid‐career artists. The Bakehouse Art Complex is currently seeking artists who are committed to their work and interested in being part of dynamic, collaborative and creative community of over 65 working professional artists.
The Bakehouse Short Term Studio Residency offers artists and collaborative teams with the necessary space to create works in a project-by-project basis. Short-term residencies are available for 3, 6 or 9 months. Short Term Studio Residencies must result in a presentation, either in studio or locally, of artwork / project produced during residency. Residency is available for local, national and international artists. Galleries are encouraged to apply for visiting artists. Spaces are available for all mediums, including outside and inside studios.
Miami, Florida: United States
The BAC facility is located in the internationally renowned Wynwood Arts District, a designated area of Miami comprising more than 50 galleries, alternative spaces, private collections and museums.
- Additional eligibility information:Primary criteria for selection for the residency program are conceptual innovation and technical proficiency. A carefully selected panel of art professionals from the community review applications on a quarterly basis. Long term residencies last for 8 years, and artists are subject to re-evaluation based on administrative and artistic reviews.
- Application deadline: April 01, July 01, October 01, January 01
- Application Ongoing: Yes
Facilities & Services
- Meals: No meals/food provided
- Accessibility: housing/grounds/studios are accessible
- Studios/special equipment: Ceramics / Pottery, Fine metals / Jewelry making, Printmaking, Woodworking
- Additional studio information:BAC also houses a fully functional print room & dark room, a woodworking area, welding room and ceramic kilns for artist use. These amenities provide artists with in-house facilities to develop their work or for artists to experiment and integrate new media into their work. These facilities are also open and available to tenant artists 24/7.
BAC Juried Artist Studio Program: BAC Artist studio program is a jury-selected artist residency program offering low cost studios to professional emerging and mid-career artists. BAC is currently seeking artists who are committed to their work and interested in being a part of a dynamic, collaborative and creative community of over 65 working professional artists. Interested artists must submit an application comprised of: A one‐page statement of intent, a portfolio of 10‐12 images on a CD (Non‐returnable), curriculum vitae, artist statement, which should include the visual and ideological components of your work, two professional references. The Bakehouse Art Complex offers emerging and mid-career artists: Low Cost Studios: BAC’s 33,000 sf. campus houses 70 total studios both inside and outside of the main building, including specific studios for metal smiths, wood and stone workers. Studios vary in sizes, and cost is based on square footage and various amenities (natural light, running water….). Accepted tenants have access to their studios and other working areas 24 hours/7 days a week. All studios are subject to tax. Tenants are charged a one-time WIFI fee and a $50 refundable deposit for a key card to access on-site facility parking and the building after hours. A double deposit and the signing of a one-year lease are required once accepted.
Stipends / other support
Additional expectations / opportunities
Exhibition and Educational Opportunities: BAC maintains a programming schedule comprised of over 18 exhibitions per season as well as multiple fundraisers, educational programs and artist workshops. BAC Artists are invited to submit work for consideration to any open BAC exhibitions (typically 5-7 per season). BAC artists are also expected to donate an artwork of their choosing for BAC’s annual art raffle fundraiser Lucky You!, which takes place every November.
561 NW 32ND ST
Miami, Florida 33127
Miami, Florida 33127
Post a Comment